The following are the official rules for the Currix Innovator Academy Scavenger Hunt that will take place worldwide from Friday January 20, 2012 (01/20/12) to Sunday June 17, 2012 (06/17/12):
Rules are subject to change. Please check back on a daily basis for any material modifications as advanced notice of change will not be provided.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Contest open to legal residents of the United States and surrounding territories only. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All contestants must be 18 years of age or older. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules, which shall be final in all respects.
Official contest begins 1/20/2012 at 12:01 AM PST and ends 6/17/2012 at 11:59 PST (collectively, the "Promotional Period"). Weekly contest will be defined as Monday at 12:01 AM PST to the following Sunday at 11:59 PST.
During the Promotional Period, sign up to enter the contest on www.innovatoracademy.com. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you. Entrants will not be considered a part of the contest until they have confirmed this e-mail. Participants will receive weekly e-mails with a scavenger hunt assignment included, and must follow the steps in the "Contest Rules" section below to win. Participants whose behavior is deemed inappropriate, unfair, unlawful, or unruly will be disqualified.
1. Enter the contest by submitting your email at www.innovatoracademy.com.
2. Receive weekly Scavenger Hunt e-mail and follow the instructions to complete the lesson.
3. The winner is the first eligible participant to complete the weekly lesson. The winner will be timestamped by the Currix submission database and officially selected by a Currix staff member whose decision is final. First place winner will receive one (1) admission ticket to the 2012 Innovator Academy in San Diego, California June 24, 2012 or an option to choose the official prize of the week.
4. Participants who do not finish first yet still complete the weekly lesson will receive: access to an exclusive party held during the ISTE 2012 conference in San Diego, California June 24, 2012.
5. Depending on the weekly lesson, there may be additional instructions and necessary rules to follow in order to determine winners.
6. The prizes are as stated, and are not redeemable in case, and must be accepted as awarded.
7. By participating in the contest and/or claiming the prize, both contestants and the winner authorize the use, without additional compensation of his or her name and/or likeness as announced online.
8. Substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value may be made in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
Upon announcement or notification of the first place winner, the first participant to successfully complete the steps as stated in the "Contest Rules" above will be declared the winner for that week. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any of the participants. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants in the contest and ability of individual contestants to complete challenges. No limit on how many weeks a participant may enter and/or win. If a winner cannot prove his/her age or eligibility, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and the next entrant to successfully complete the steps may be selected.
Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption or substitution will be allowed. The Contest or these Official Rules may be cancelled or modified if fraud, technical failure or any other factor beyond reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Contest.